Sunday, February 10, 2008

Interesting...or not.

This weekend at work was okay. I close again on Friday and Saturday, which was truly a pain. I need to get a better rhythm and timing for closing so that I can get out earlier. And I need to learn to send mental messages that say "Do not try to order a full meal at 10:45pm when we close at 11pm". Jerks. Today was extra lame because we were NOT busy at all. UGH. Probably because it was so damned cold here!

I realized something interesting recently--when I'm working, my bladder shuts off. I just never have to use the restroom, or even have the urge to, in spite of drinking water and lemonade steadily throughout my shift. Even today, when I had a medium latte before my shift (which usually runs straight through me), I didn't have to go. It's pretty excellent. TMI? Sorry! *shrug*

I'm pretty peeved right now because a recipe that I tried sometime last year, and really really liked has now disappeared off the face of the earth. Unless it wasn't a Rachael Ray recipe, which I highly doubt. I just can't imagine where it might be that I haven't looked!

I'm so tired, and so bored. I wish it was later so that I could justify going to bed!

4 comments:

Mikey G. said...

That whole bladder thing happens when I teach. Right before I'm about to teach, I feel like I have to pee (out of nervousness - this will go away once I've done it for more than just a couple of times). But then when I get into the classroom and start, I don't even think about it at all.

jenomena said...

Understandable for during class, of course! But I'm talking...7 hours without a single urge to go! I hope it's not unhealthy...

Nance said...

just google the recipe and i bet something darn similar, if not exact, comes up. google is god. LOL.

jenomena said...

I wish it would work! Unfortunately, a Google search did not yield the results I was hoping for. Now granted, I can't remember if it was pork or chicken, but I looked for both and nada.