Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

I went on vacation with my fiance. It was actually the first vacation just the two of us have taken together.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any concrete resolutions last year. Just the usual.

This year, I'm giving up soda/pop for as long as possible. I don't drink that much of it, but it's still a huge temptation. I need to stick to juice, milk, and water. I'm also not going to buy "stuff" for three months--like, clothes, video games, earrings, etc etc. Just the essentials like food and toiletries. Basically, curbing my spending. Not give up "shopping" because I can shop without buying! And the usual--eat healthier, try to be active, bleh.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Well, Troy's lady had a baby, but he's the one close to me, not her. Though we've hung out several times, and I'd love to be friends with her!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my paternal grandfather. It was my first experience with a relative passing away (one that's close enough for me to go to the funeral). In the end it was kind of cool, because I reconnected with my dad's family because of it.

5. What countries did you visit?

Canada! I loved it!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

I'm not going to wish for anything. I wasn't lacking for anything in 2009 that has made an impact that I can think of.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 24th--Jeremy proposed to me with arson.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Being accepted into the College of Optometry at the Ohio State University.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Getting a low grade on my first exam back to school. I definitely bounced back well from that experience.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not other than little cuts and bruises. And perhaps a minor cold. But nothing that sticks out in my mind.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My baby laptop. I can have a computer in class but it doesn't weigh a million pounds.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Erm...everyone has a moment that merits celebration, right?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

While it's never a permanent feeling, my fiance manages to pick tiny things to do that appall me regularly.

14. Where did most of your money go?

School. Though technically that wasn't my money. Most of my money goes to food, clothes, and rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going back to school!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Probably the whole Folie a Deux album from Fall Out Boy. I listened to that a lot in the last few months while studying.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? This could go both ways. My bank account is certainly a bigger number, BUT it's student loans. I'll call it a wash.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Physical activity. I'm too lazy sometimes.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Sitting around watching TV or playing video games.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas with my family in my hometown. Then after-Christmas "Christmas" with Jer's family in Pittsburgh.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Nope! Already was in love. Though, a certain baby did catch my eye :-)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I'd have to say The Office since I watched all seasons of it over the summer.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope. I don't think I really hate anyone. I hate behaviors and actions.

24. What was the best book you read?

Wow. This is hard because I read over 52 books. Cold Mountain was pretty good. I'd have to look at my list to refresh my memory. Oh! There was the book about the library cat! I do love cats so that was close to my heart.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Didn't have one.

26. What did you want and get?

I wanted to be engaged. I wanted to get into OSU for optometry. I got both!

27. What did you want and not get?

Oh, you know, winning the lottery. I think you have to play to be able to win...

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Up

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Turned 24 this year. We went to the Melting Pot and it was amazing.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Being a homeowner.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

I spent a huge part of the year wearing black for work. Other than that...comfy? I tried to buy more shirts that were casual dressy.

32. What kept you sane?

Reading. Cooking. Me time.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Uh...none.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I don't follow politics closely enough to have been stirred by anything.

35. Who did you miss?

I always miss not being able to spend time with my two families.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Oy. There's quite a few. My new study and relax friends from school.

4 comments:

Nance said...

Wow. I HATED Cold Mountain, which no one can believe. I found it boring and terrible, the way it kept switching narrators. Did you ever see the movie? Jude Law plays the male lead (I forget his name), and he is terrific. But the movie is so horrifically sad and depressing. Yikes.

jenomena said...

It took me awhile to settle into the book. I really liked the story from the female narrator's point of view. I have not seen the movie.

Steven said...

Pam and I got the book about Dewey the Library Cat!!! I haven't read it yet, but I can't wait. What's not to like about it? Libraries = good! Cats = good! Library cats = double good!

jenomena said...

The picture on the front is just too adorable. I want to snuggle that cat because he looks so fluffy and fun!